Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Odds and ends...what a weekend!


Keegan was sick, up every two hours, Sat & Sunday. I have to watch how much kibble he eats. It breaks down differently than raw and whole food. He was back to himself last night tho........crazy and HAPPY, HAPPY with a new toy duck Aunty Maren gave us!


Daizy, all of a sudden becoming lethargic and not wanting to eat Sunday afternoon then swollen Mon/Tues. Swollen rightside of her lower jaw and throat.  It looked like she had a rolled up sock under her jaw that within 24hrs started slowly moving down her throat,   She was so lethargic Sunday I was so worried.


My worst fear is that they refuse to eat or drink and become dehydrated and end up hospitalized.  I've been lucky so far for almost 9 years, being able to find creative ways to ensure we don't end up hospitalized, as Daizy's not a good candidate for that as she seizures under stressful situations.  I don't think she can handle a hospital stay.  My fear is cluster seizures.  So far I've been able to keep her safe.

I had to hand feed her then she started eating out of a tiny ceramic soy sauce dish.  Water first mixed with cooked chicken to trick her to drink water.... then switched to  blenderized veggies (to hydrate her and nutrients as she would not drink water) and cooked chicken or cheese...MESSY, but feeding her small amounts worked .  All is actually NOT FINE now...as good news the swollen sock has disappeared but I can still feel something, maybe swollen lymph nodes under her throat.  I'm supposed to wait till Monday to see if her body can heal itself before starting antibiotics or other...She's happy, eating, drinking, playing almost back to her energetic self so that's all good news! I just make sure she doesn't over do it.

I don't know why I didn't take pictures, I think lack of sleep, and stress I didn't even think about it.

....catching up on sleep..zzzzz

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad everyone is well! Look after yourself too Katherine!