Thursday, April 2, 2009

Aqua herding anyone ..........


We were walking and came across a pond with geese enjoying a quiet swim.  Keegan's eyes lit up as if he won the lottery, and I kept quiet to see what he would do...

He made his way stealth like towards the pond, looking as if he was an old pro, pacing back and forth along the bank (without any formal training) which actually rounded the geese up in a tighter circle.  
I thought this would be the extent of his herding as they were safely in the water, and to date I had never witnessed aqua herding..........
Until that day!  I wish I would have snapped pictures but I was too busy laughing watching him in the water trying to swim to herd the geese up into a tighter group! ..... a close look at his drown rat wet look :)

Aussie fur dries sooo much quicker than Beagle fur.  

I think we'll have to add a herding workshop to our list of adventures to embark on!

I was thinking of using some of the directional cues in agility as they sound soooo cool!

Jeni the breeder got a kick out of Keegan's adventure, and sent me Foss's workshop notes on herding cues ...so now I can get a head start :) 

1 comment:

snoutbeagle said...

Oh, this makes me smile!