Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Lunchtime in my old stomping grounds-Kit's

Kit's beach.....my old stomping grounds before moving to Squamish.  Days like today I miss it :(
Flip side is every morning drive into work, is hard when I leave my beautiful tranquil Squamish.  I should say that I'm lucky to have the best of both worlds (except I really miss the walk to and from work...)
I used to live over there. I joked that my front lawn was the beach :)  I lived there with Daizy, George, Taiki, and Darrell before moving to Squamish. 
My work is over there, in one of those high rises.  

I had a radio session today close to my old neighborhood, and decided to cut out early and go for a walk along the beach before my session. 
  
I stopped and parked myself at a picnic table and took a few moments to clear my mind and breath in the ocean and enjoy the sun.  I noticed the engraved center piece on the picnic table, and thought it was such a beautiful note to share.  "Please have a seat with family and good friends, enjoy the sunshine and the rain with equal cheer and appreciate these moments that you share together.  In loving memory ....."
View from the picnic table.
Happy, relaxed me...bring on the work!

1 comment:

Gennasus said...

It all looks so clear and beautiful. It's the local stomping ground for my brother and his family, maybe they were part of the crowd on your front lawn!