Monday, November 24, 2008

Creepy tree monster

Creepy tree monster.

Hiking in the thick of the forest can be a Zen moment, you hear nothing but nature; makes you think philosophical thoughts, contemplate life and excess, makes you feel fresh and full of life.

It can also be an exhilarating, and heart pounding adventure. Dogs racing mach speed on the scent of something big and scary, or little, squirmy and icky (George tracks salamanders and garden variety snakes or anything dead and gooey).

Whatever it is..they're all pumped up to "get'm". Thankfully they love to think brave thoughts... until it stops them dead in their tracks...sometimes stopping so quickly it has a domino effect :)

If whatever they've tracked is too close for even their liking, they'll curl their tails under their body and come racing back to me, which is my cue to retreat in the opposite direction Monty Python style. We're brave but not stupid.

Today thick in the trails, out of the corner of my eye, I caught the sight of this creepy tree monster that looked like it's scrawny arms, dripping with green goo, were going to grab me!

I actually let out a gasp...how embarrassing. I didn't expect that in my old age, "tree monster", would be the first thing that came to mind. Then again, it could have something to do with my "rebels without a clue" crew and their over active imagination rubbing off on me :)

I wonder what will be in store for us tomorrow.

No comments: